Mediterranean Rack of Lamb
It’s elegant. It’s special. And it will have your guests thinking you went all out. They don’t have to know how simple it is. —Susan Nilsson, Sterling, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan. In
- small bowl, combine the lemon peel, oregano, garlic, oil, salt and
- pepper. Rub over lamb.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 rack equals 307 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.