Mediterranean Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 2 racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano and lemon slices, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, combine the lemon peel, oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Rub over lamb.
- 2. Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. If desired, serve with fresh oregano and lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 rack: 307 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Mediterranean Rack of Lamb
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.