Mediterranean Rack of Lamb Recipe
It’s elegant. It’s special. And it will have your guests thinking you went all out. They don’t have to know how simple it is. —Susan Nilsson, Sterling, Virginia
- 2 racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, combine the lemon peel, oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Rub over lamb.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Rack of Lamb in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mediterranean Rack of Lamb(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >