Jenny Haen of Red Wing, Minnesota uses red onions, Greek olives and feta cheese to bring Mediterranean flavors to an all-American classic. With a few minutes of prep and time to chill, it makes an ideal side dish on busy summer days.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups water
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, olives, tomatoes, parsley, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p16
Reviews for Mediterranean Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review