Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
On a really busy day, this meal-in-a-bowl is one of my top picks. It's quick to put together, leaving a lot more time to relax at the table. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rub pork with pepper; cut pork into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick
- skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10
- minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and
- salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60
- seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 372 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,