Mediterranean Pork and Orzo Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60 seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain.
- 3. Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 372 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
"Very good. Easy to make on a busy week night"
"????? ???????? ?????? ???????, ??? ?????????? ????: http://familyhomerecipes.ru/"
"We thought this was great, and the feta cheese made it a 10! Instead of mixing it in, I sprinkled it on each individual dinner. It's taste seemed to stand out more that way. I also put in twice the amount of tomatoes and THREE times the amount of spinach-it's nice and healthy and the color makes it look pretty. Thanks for the recipe, i will definitely make it again."
"really nice recipe!"
"Great fresh recipe. will make this again"
"LIght, satisfying and tasty."
"so-just reading the recipe said bland to me. might work as written if the pork was grilled. me? i used greek seasoning instead of salt and lemon pepper . it was good. next time i'll try different seasonings and maybe a different cheese."
"I thought it was ok; hubby thought it was bland. Could use more flavor. Maybe marinate the meat, use chicken or beef instead of pork....which can be dry and tasteless."
"Easy to make and very tasty!!"
"I left out the spinach, simply because I don't care for it, and I think next time I will try a different cheese, I don't think the feta was the correct flavor to choose. I will definitely be making this again though!"
"I'll definitely make this again ... it was dee-lish! Thanks to "aza" and "Chris" for the tips to cook the spinach with the pork instead of with the orzo, and 7 minutes on the orzo was perfect. Next time, I may add a few sliced Kalamata olives. If so, I'll post another comment."
"Try sauteeing the baby spinach with the pork and add a little garlic. Gives it much more flavor than just boiling the spinach."
"I marinated the pork tenderloin overnight in Greek vinaigrette. Be careful not to overcook the orzo...7 min. is better."
"This was awesome and so simple! I served this with a simple sauteed zucchini side and some pita chips and hummus. YUM!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.