Mediterranean Pork and Orzo Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60 seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain.
- 3. Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 372 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.