- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60 seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
"I really liked this and it is a quick and healthy dish. It does need a little more flavor. I will search other Mediterranean recipes for just the right seasoning. Just started Weight Watchers and this recipe is 9 Smart Points. Add some fresh fruit for a delicious and satisfying WW meal."
"Pretty good, but needed something to take it up a notch. Was lacking a little flavor, but couldn't figure what to add."
"Very good. Easy to make on a busy week night"
"We thought this was great, and the feta cheese made it a 10! Instead of mixing it in, I sprinkled it on each individual dinner. It's taste seemed to stand out more that way. I also put in twice the amount of tomatoes and THREE times the amount of spinach-it's nice and healthy and the color makes it look pretty. Thanks for the recipe, i will definitely make it again."
"really nice recipe!"
"Great fresh recipe. will make this again"
"LIght, satisfying and tasty."
"so-just reading the recipe said bland to me. might work as written if the pork was grilled. me? i used greek seasoning instead of salt and lemon pepper . it was good. next time i'll try different seasonings and maybe a different cheese."
"I thought it was ok; hubby thought it was bland. Could use more flavor. Maybe marinate the meat, use chicken or beef instead of pork....which can be dry and tasteless."