Mediterranean Pockets Recipe
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, peas, red pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice and peel, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Cut each rectangle into six squares. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture in the center of each square. Fold dough over filling to form a triangle and seal edges.
- 4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 167 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pockets
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer