“The combination of lemon, feta and oregano give the turkey bright and fresh flavor,” writes Tina Scarpaci of Chandler, Arizona. “That's something you don't often get from your higher calorie frozen pastries.”
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, peas, red pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice and peel, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Cut each rectangle into six squares. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture in the center of each square. Fold dough over filling to form a triangle and seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pockets in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p14
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mediterranean Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review