Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. On a floured surface, roll bread dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Brush the dough lightly with reserved marinade.
- 2. Combine the basil, oregano and thyme; sprinkle over marinade. Sprinkle with 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, ham, artichokes, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 473 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1232mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pizza
"So good! Substituted diced chicken in place of the ham, added chopped red onion and used 1/2 black olives -1/2 Kalamatta Greek Olives."
"I've made this pizza over and over again and get rave reviews everytime. It is also amazing as an appetizer. I sometimes make my own pizza dough for it which works beautifully as well."
"I'll have to give this a try!!!! Love marinated artichokes!"
"Loved this pizza. I used Kalamata olives for more flavor."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer