Mediterranean Penne Salad Recipe
If you're looking for a dish that adds color and flavor to your menu, you've found it! In this chilled delight, tender pasta, tomatoes, artichokes, fresh basil and olives are tossed with a tangy vinaigrette.—Sharon Lowe, Juneau, Alaska
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the tomatoes, artichokes, olives, basil, cheese and pepper.
- 2. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 196 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Penne Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC