A zesty mayonnaise dressing is a deliciously different twist in this chilled salad. You can substitute fresh peas for the frozen ones if desired.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, artichokes, peas, onion, red pepper, zucchini and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, salad dressing, parsley, dill and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p202