Mediterranean One-Dish Meal
I came up with this recipe one night when I was improvising with what I had on hand. I love to make simple, healthful, one-dish meals with lots of vegetables. Feta and Greek olives give this one a depth of flavor people seem to love! —Donna Jesser, Everett, Washington
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage
- and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes,
- olives and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Top with spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat;
- fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 307 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 845 mg sodium,