Mediterranean Medley Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- LEMON HERB SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.