Mediterranean Medley Salad Recipe
This refreshing alternative to pasta salad is perfect for casual summer luncheons. "You can serve it as a main dish with the tuna...or without it for a nice rice side," suggests Merwyn Garbini of Tucson, Arizona. "Sometimes, I substitute reduced-fat mayonnaise for the olive-oil".
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- LEMON HERB SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Medley Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p55
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mediterranean Medley Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review