I grow onions, garlic and herbs, so that’s what I use in these saucy sandwiches. Make patties or form the ground beef into meatballs instead. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Featured In: 30 Healthy Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, chopped red onion and shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on pitas with tzatziki sauce and toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Meatball Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews for Mediterranean Meatball Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2016
"So yummy! So quick! So easy!"