Mediterranean Masterpiece Pizza Recipe
This meatless pizza has a lovely combination of vegetables, cheese and rosemary.—Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and sugar in 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 3. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Combine goat cheese and olives; spread over crust. Top with peppers, tomato, caramelized onion and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Serve with vinegar reduction.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Serve as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 217 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Masterpiece Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC