This meatless pizza has a lovely combination of vegetables, cheese and rosemary.—Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large skillet, saute onion and sugar in 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Combine goat cheese and olives; spread over crust. Top with peppers, tomato, caramelized onion and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Serve with vinegar reduction.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Serve as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Masterpiece Pizza in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mediterranean Masterpiece Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review