It's hard for our family to imagine eating mashed potatoes any other way but this. It tastes great on its own or drizzled with tahini sauce. —Nikki Haddad, Germantown, Maryland
Featured In: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
- 8 large potatoes (about 6-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place potatoes in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Mash garlic with flat side of the knife blade, forming a smooth paste. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic mixture and remaining salt until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding oil mixture. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review