It's hard for our family to imagine eating mashed potatoes any other way but this. It tastes great on its own or drizzled with tahini sauce.—Nikki Haddad, Germantown, Maryland
- 8 large potatoes (about 6-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place potatoes in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Mash garlic with flat side of the knife blade, forming a smooth paste. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic mixture and remaining salt until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding oil mixture. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review