Mediterranean Mahi Mahi Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup halved Greek olives
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the salsa, wine, olives and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle mahi mahi with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, lightly brown fillets in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each side. Spoon salsa mixture over fillets.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 293 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Mahi Mahi
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.