- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup halved Greek olives
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the salsa, wine, olives and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle mahi mahi with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, lightly brown fillets in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each side. Spoon salsa mixture over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until fish just turns opaque. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Mahi Mahi
"Glad you won that recipe contest. Nice take on Med. preparation."
"Excellent! Easy and yet fancy enough to serve guests. My spouse loved it."
"Great flavor and very moist!"
"Really flavorful. If you don't want it spicy, just add a can of diced tomatoes. I added more olives and a little bit of lemon juice. Served with boiled baby potatoes - so good!!!"
"This was very yummy! Finally found a fish recipe my boyfriend likes!"