Mediterranean Layered Dip
This quick and easy dip begins with purchased hummus. It's then flavored with the Mediterranean flavors of feta cheese, olives and lemon.
—Patterson Watkins, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Tip: You can make homemade pita chips by cutting a package of pita bread into wedges. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon coarse salt. Place in a single layer on a baking shee
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups roasted garlic hummus
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or baked pita chips
- Spread hummus onto a 12-in. round serving platter; top with roasted
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, lemon juice, oil, basil and
- mint. Using a slotted spoon, spoon spinach mixture over peppers. Top
- with cheese, olives and onion. Serve with vegetables or pita chips.
- Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or chips) equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.