Mediterranean Lamb and Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, optional
- 1. Grill lamb, covered, over medium heat for 10-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut into cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, artichokes, kidney beans, green beans, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with feta cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without feta cheese) equals 289 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mediterranean Lamb and Bean Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.