This savory salad combines lamb, artichokes, beans and feta cheese with a tangy dressing. "It's also good with chicken or beef in place of the lamb," notes Lora Winckler of Sunnyside, Washington.
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, optional
- Grill lamb, covered, over medium heat for 10-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, artichokes, kidney beans, green beans, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, vinegar and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with feta cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Lamb and Bean Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Lamb and Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review