Mediterranean Herb Rub
Whether you're monitoring your sodium intake or not, you'll want to try this robust rub on fish, poultry or pork. Or fill a shaker with this savory blend to sprinkle on veggies. "This seasoning rub is great, especially on grilled pork chips," says Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 teaspoon) equals 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.