Mediterranean Green Salad Recipe
“This colorful, beautiful salad is a great way to use veggies from your summer garden—and always a hit with friends and family! On days when it’s too hot to cook, I buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it and add to the recipe to make it a complete meal.” Angela Larson – Tomahawk, WI
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 194 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC