With red peppers, this delicious egg bake looks festive for Christmas. Italian bread, feta cheese and olives give the frittata Mediterranean flair.
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in red peppers and olives. Place bread cubes in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with onion mixture and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, broth and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Frittata in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p28
Reviews for Mediterranean Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review