Mediterranean Fish Skillet Recipe
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 whitefish fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, peppers, basil, wine, shallot, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle fillets with remaining chili powder. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding tomato mixture during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture equals 319 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Fish Skillet
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.