“This is a simple, healthy and filling meal with lots of flavor,” writes Sarah Christenson of Pensacola, Florida. “It's quick and only uses one pan! If you prefer, skip making the salsa and just toss in a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies with a splash of wine.”
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 whitefish fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, peppers, basil, wine, shallot, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with remaining chili powder. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding tomato mixture during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Fish Skillet in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Fish Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review