- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), halved
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tomatoes. Let stand for 5-7 minutes. Cut tomatoes into thin slices and return to broth; set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onions in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat. Stir in the olives, basil, capers, oregano and reserved tomato mixture; heat through.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large serving bowl. Add the cheese and pepper mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Fettuccine
Sort By :
I'm rating this as a good recipe. It probably is better then my rating because of the ingredients I used. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried and I used whole wheat fettuccine which the taste is certainly not the same as white pasta but it's healthier.
This was a very tasty, not too difficult meal to make. I don't care for Greek olives or sun-dried tomatoes, so I used regular black olives and cherry tomatoes (halved). I also forgot to get fresh basil, so I substituted 1 Tbsp dried basil. I added the tomatoes right at the end, so as not to make them too mushy. I loved the result and so did my guest! This will definitely become one of my regulars!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >