Mediterranean Eggplant Dip Recipe
I love Mediterranean food, and the flavors in this dip are so vibrant. We make our own mini sandwiches once this platter is complete. — Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 large eggplant (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 drops liquid smoke, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- Optional ingredients: naan flatbread wedges or miniature pitas, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, julienned red pepper, baby carrots and Greek olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut eggplant crosswise into 1-in. slices; place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Top with onion and garlic cloves. Drizzle with oil.
- 2. Roast 40-45 minutes or until eggplant is very soft, turning and stirring vegetables once. Cool slightly.
- 3. Place eggplant mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and, if desired, liquid smoke.
- 4. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with flatbread and vegetables as desired. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Eggplant Dip
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC