I love Mediterranean food, and the flavors in this dip are so vibrant. We make our own mini sandwiches once this platter is complete. — Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 large eggplant (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 drops liquid smoke, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- Optional ingredients: naan flatbread wedges or miniature pitas, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, julienned red pepper, baby carrots and Greek olives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut eggplant crosswise into 1-in. slices; place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Top with onion and garlic cloves. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast 40-45 minutes or until eggplant is very soft, turning and stirring vegetables once. Cool slightly.
- Place eggplant mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and, if desired, liquid smoke.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with flatbread and vegetables as desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Mediterranean Eggplant Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Mediterranean Eggplant Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review