Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips Recipe
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 5 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut each pita half into six wedges; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spritz both sides of wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, oregano, coriander, pepper and remaining garlic powder. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato, pepperoncini, olives, cucumber, feta cheese and parsley. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (6 dozen chips).
4 pita chips with 3 tablespoons dip equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer