- 12 pita pocket halves
- Cooking spray
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 5 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut each pita half into three wedges; separate each wedge into two pieces. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spritz both sides of wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, oregano, coriander, pepper and remaining garlic powder. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato, pepperoncini, olives, cucumber, feta cheese and parsley. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (6 dozen chips).
Originally published as Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"Delicious and easy to make!"