With garlic, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, it's a great side dish for just about any entrée. “It relies on a boxed item to get started; then it's just a matter of adding a few ingredients,” says Elizabeth Tomlinson of Morgantown, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes
- or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the water, contents of
- seasoning packet from couscous mix, bouillon and remaining oil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in onion mixture and couscous. Cover and remove from the heat;
- let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes and
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 223 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.