Mediterranean Cod Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. pieces; place 1 cup cabbage on each. Top with onion, garlic, cod, olives, cheese, salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.
- 2. Fold parchment paper over fish. Bring edges of paper together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming a packet. Repeat with remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 packet equals 270 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.