- 1 package (6 ounces) falafel mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, finely chopped
- Prepare and cook falafel according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, crumble or coarsely chop falafel.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cucumber, milk, parsley and salt. In a large bowl, combine romaine and spinach; transfer to a platter. Arrange crumbled falafel and remaining ingredients over greens. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Cobb Salad
"LOVED this recipe! Have already made it 3 times and have always gotten rave reviews. The only thing I've done differently is I by pre made falafel balls which I cook and crumble. It makes the recipe easier! Definitely a keeper."
"This is one of many stellar recipes in the June/July 2014 TOH magazine. I've already made it twice and plan to serve it for dinner later this week. It was a big hit both at home and at a card party. Everyone loved the dressing (I used reduced fat sour cream). I followed pattibid's suggestions and added garbanzo beans instead of falafel, chopped cucumber, cubed rotisserie chicken, and chopped green onions. Absolutely delicious and healthy."
"I first saw this recipe in the June/July 2014 issue of Taste of Home magazine and thought the presentation was fabulous so I made it for a family gathering and it was a huge hit. I followed the recipe except substituted soy bacon for my vegetarian son and it was scrumptious! I will definitely make it again; it's a real show stopper!"
"What a refreshing and delicious salad. I prepared for my husband and daughter and they loved!! I have never seen them so excited about a salad. I wanted to make it an entrée so I added cubed turkey to it as well. I did not use the falafel mix, but substituted garbanzo beans. I also added chopped green onions, and cucumbers. I put on a pretty rectangular tray and did each ingredient in a row on top of the spinach and romaine. It really made a pretty presentation. The dressing was delicious. It is light and refreshing. I used cilantro instead of parsley in the dressing.Field Editor since 2013"