I'm a huge fan of taking classic dishes and adding some flair to them. I also like to change up heavier dishes, like the classic Cobb salad. I've traded out typical chicken for crunchy falafel that's just as satisfying. — Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 1 package (6 ounces) falafel mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, finely chopped
- Prepare and cook falafel according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, crumble or coarsely chop falafel.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cucumber, milk, parsley and salt. In a large bowl, combine romaine and spinach; transfer to a platter. Arrange crumbled falafel and remaining ingredients over greens. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Cobb Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Mediterranean Cobb Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review