Mediterranean Cobb Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) falafel mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, finely chopped
- Prepare and cook falafel according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, crumble or coarsely chop falafel.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cucumber, milk, parsley and salt. In a large bowl, combine romaine and spinach; transfer to a platter. Arrange crumbled falafel and remaining ingredients over greens. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Cobb Salad
Sort By :
LOVED this recipe! Have already made it 3 times and have always gotten rave reviews. The only thing I've done differently is I by pre made falafel balls which I cook and crumble. It makes the recipe easier! Definitely a keeper.
This is one of many stellar recipes in the June/July 2014 TOH magazine. I've already made it twice and plan to serve it for dinner later this week. It was a big hit both at home and at a card party. Everyone loved the dressing (I used reduced fat sour cream). I followed pattibid's suggestions and added garbanzo beans instead of falafel, chopped cucumber, cubed rotisserie chicken, and chopped green onions. Absolutely delicious and healthy.
I first saw this recipe in the June/July 2014 issue of Taste of Home magazine and thought the presentation was fabulous so I made it for a family gathering and it was a huge hit. I followed the recipe except substituted soy bacon for my vegetarian son and it was scrumptious! I will definitely make it again; it's a real show stopper!
What a refreshing and delicious salad. I prepared for my husband and daughter and they loved!! I have never seen them so excited about a salad. I wanted to make it an entrée so I added cubed turkey to it as well. I did not use the falafel mix, but substituted garbanzo beans. I also added chopped green onions, and cucumbers. I put on a pretty rectangular tray and did each ingredient in a row on top of the spinach and romaine. It really made a pretty presentation. The dressing was delicious. It is light and refreshing. I used cilantro instead of parsley in the dressing.
Field Editor since 2013