Mediterranean Chips & Dip Recipe
“I'm a big fan of hummus, and for this version, I substituted cannellini beans for the usual garbanzo beans to please my husband and upped the garlic. The homemade chips come out of the oven slightly crisp and chewy." —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. For pita chips, cut each pita bread into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings.
3 tablespoons dip with 4 chips equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC