I'm a big fan of hummus, and for this version, I upped the garlic and substituted cannellini beans for the usual garbanzo beans to please my husband. The homemade chips come out of the oven slightly crisp and chewy. —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- For pita chips, cut each pita bread into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chips & Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p99
Reviews for Mediterranean Chips & Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review