- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- For pita chips, cut each pita bread into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chips & Dip
Sort By :
"I thought this was really good and would definitely make it again. I did not have fresh parsley so I used dried, but would like to try it the next time with fresh."
"This is so yummy!"
"Have made it several times and the whole family loves it!"
"I used a couple handfuls of fresh spinach instead of the parsley...loved it!"
"Yum! I used chickpeas and and about 1 tbsp or so of dried parsley instead of fresh. Both the dip & the chips turned out great!~ Theresa"