Mediterranean Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, artichokes, olives, lemon juice, oregano and peppers. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chickpeas(5)
Sort By :
I just made this to take to a friend, but like it so much I think I'll make it for myself tomorrow!
so easy to make and very tasty. the stewed tomatoes were on the sweet side so i needed to add a little more lemon juice
Great flavors & very easy to throw together! Definitely use no salt added tomatoes & chickpeas, as the olives and artichokes will have plenty!
Delicious and easy to make
This dish has so much flavour and takes no time to pull together. My small kids love it too. I sometimes serve it with pita pockets.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >