- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sir in remaining ingredients; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chickpeas
Sort By :
"used half as many grilled artichokes and 2 cans of chic peas. served with jasmine rice. even the kiddo loved it! easy, fast, unique. also great with a little feta on top."
"I just made this to take to a friend, but like it so much I think I'll make it for myself tomorrow!"
"so easy to make and very tasty. the stewed tomatoes were on the sweet side so i needed to add a little more lemon juice"
"Great flavors & very easy to throw together! Definitely use no salt added tomatoes & chickpeas, as the olives and artichokes will have plenty!"
"Delicious and easy to make"