Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
A delicious lunch or dinner, try this fresh, bright chickpea salad recipe. Just open a can of GOYA® Low Sodium Chick Peas! Toss with sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, and cubes of soft, creamy Mozzarella cheese. A splash of buttery GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drizzle of tangy lemon juice gives this refreshing salad the perfect zing
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA® Low Sodium Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pint (about 5 oz.) cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Lemon Juice
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In medium mixing bowl, gently stir together chickpeas, tomatoes,
- cucumbers, cheese, onions and parsley until combined; set aside.
- In separate medium bowl, stir together lemon juice and Adobo. Using
- whisk, add olive oil in slow steady stream, whisking constantly
- until oil is well incorporated.
- Toss olive oil-lemon dressing with reserved vegetables until coated
- completely. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.