Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe
A delicious lunch or dinner, try this fresh, bright chickpea salad recipe. Just open a can of GOYA® Low Sodium Chick Peas! Toss with sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, and cubes of soft, creamy Mozzarella cheese. A splash of buttery GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drizzle of tangy lemon juice gives this refreshing salad the perfect zing
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA® Low Sodium Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pint (about 5 oz.) cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Lemon Juice
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In medium mixing bowl, gently stir together chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, onions and parsley until combined; set aside.
- In separate medium bowl, stir together lemon juice and Adobo. Using whisk, add olive oil in slow steady stream, whisking constantly until oil is well incorporated.
- Toss olive oil-lemon dressing with reserved vegetables until coated completely. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Provided by GOYA®
Reviews for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013
Used fresh lime and it was so fresh so good! Even my husband had it and he doesn't usually like bean salad. Saved some without dressing for lunch and it was even better. Thanks!