Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
As special as it is simple to prepare, Mary Relyea’s moist, flavorful chicken is dressed in tomatoes, olives and capers. It’s a knockout main dish for guests in Canastota, New York.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 16 pitted Greek or ripe olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 10-14 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC