Mediterranean Chicken with Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon and leek over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon mixture to paper towels. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the broth, wine and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add chicken and bacon mixture; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken with Spaghetti Squash(12)
Sort By :
This is a really good healthy meal. I used boneless thighs, onion instead of leeks, and 2% milk. Delicious!
I'm a big fan of mediterranean food but had never tried spaghetti squash before and wasn't sure what to expect (especially coming from the microwave) but it was delicious! I typically prefer things on the spicy side but all the flavors came together so nicely it didn't need any heat. My boyfriend made a point to tell me three times to make sure I save the recipe and we look forward to making this again soon!
Really great, especially serving our diabetic friend - really appreciated it. Tasty and good for you - what more can you ask for?
This is a keeper!
Tried this recipe once and my husband and I really liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >