- down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for
- 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove
- from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon and leek over medium heat until bacon
- is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon mixture to paper
- towels. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually add the broth, wine and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining
- ingredients. Add chicken and bacon mixture; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- Serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup squash equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.