Mediterranean Chicken Stew Recipe
Tomatoes and peppers lend to the eye-catching color of this fast-to-fix stew. The mild seasonings will appeal to everyone's tastes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, peppers, olives, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC