Tomatoes and peppers lend to the eye-catching color of this fast-to-fix stew. The mild seasonings will appeal to everyone's tastes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, peppers, olives, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken Stew in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p1
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2009
"I loved this stew. Yummy! I also add a yellow pepper to make is really colorful."