Mediterranean Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced quartered seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves, warmed
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the skillet; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, oregano, mint and salt. Pour over chicken mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill with chicken mixture, using a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I made this last night and my husband asked for more! I cooked the chicken on my stove-top "grill" and was glad to have another use for the mint in my yard. We'll be having this again soon."
"This is a great chicken salad- I use fresh basil from my garden instead of the mint, and use equal parts vinegar & oil. I agree it is best in pita bread, or used to stuff fresh tomatoes or bell peppers for a nice luncheon presentation."
"Ohhhh this was sooo good. A nice light and refreshing chicken salad. I absolutely loved this recipe. I picked up a Rotisserie Chicken at the market, so I was able to skip the first step!!"