- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves and shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pot.
- In same pot, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, sun-dried tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pot.
- Add broth and artichoke hearts; return to a boil. Stir in spinach and chicken; cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Stir in feta cheese. If desired, top servings with basil and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
"Very good, even cold the next day."
"This is a quick and delicious recipe. I cut the recipe down for two and substituted yellow pepper and did not have spinach on hand, but it was great anyway, even my picky husband wanted seconds."
"We enjoyed this recipe. I did not use white wine but will try it next time. It was relatively easy to prepare. It makes a lot--would be a good dish to take to a church function."
"Not a fan. Felt it was lacking something. I was very disappointed as I was so looking forward to eating as it looks gorgeous. Taste is mediocre. Sorry."
"This dish is outstanding! I will say it is all about your wine selection. A fantastic meal that is easy to prepare. Quite healthy and appealing to the eye. It is beautiful when plated on white plates."