Mediterranean Chicken in Creamy Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Hot cooked linguine
- Additional minced fresh basil
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt and cayenne. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the shallots and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the wine, artichokes, tomatoes and capers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the olives, 1/4 cup cheese, basil and thyme.
- 4. Serve with linguine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and additional minced basil. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without pasta): 533 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken in Creamy Herb Sauce
"Despite the long list of ingredients, this dish was great! The only reason it was 4 stars is because it was dryer than I expected. I would definitely make again, I would add more wine or chicken broth to give more of a saucy texture. IT was very tasty!!"