Mediterranean Chicken in Creamy Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Hot cooked linguine
- Additional minced fresh basil
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt and cayenne. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the shallots and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the wine, artichokes, tomatoes and capers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the olives, 1/4 cup cheese, basil and thyme.
- 4. Serve with linguine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and additional minced basil. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without pasta): 533 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken in Creamy Herb Sauce
"Despite the long list of ingredients, this dish was great! The only reason it was 4 stars is because it was dryer than I expected. I would definitely make again, I would add more wine or chicken broth to give more of a saucy texture. IT was very tasty!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.