Mediterranean Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, oregano, basil, sugar, pepper, salt, bay leaves and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Uncover chicken mixture; simmer 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaves. Drain fettuccine; top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mediterranean Chicken Fettuccine(3)
Sort By :
A different way to make chicken and pasta. Will be making this again. Love the olives and feta! Great change of pace.
This recipe was very easy to make and delicious. My husband doesn't like olives or feta cheese, so I served his without adding this as a topping. I used Chicken Breasts instead of thighs. I had a package of 5 boneless skinless breasts and it worked out great as you will have plenty of sauce. Make sure your skillet is a large skillet as this makes alot of sauce.
I am making this tonight. It seems so good. I was wondering though why there isn't any nutrition information on it. I got it out of the Dec/Jan 2002 magazine. I have made a spread sheet of all my favorites then look them up on line. I know if it was in the magazine it must have had the NI. So why isn't it here?
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >